Terms and Conditions
Please read through our terms and conditions.
We have made these as simple and as clear as possible; please contact us if you require any clarification on any points.
Important note: When making a confirmed booking for more than 1 person, the designated person as shown on the confirmation letter, invoice or email is responsible for payment of the total invoice and these terms and conditions apply to that person and their contract with us. If you are not the designated person shown on the confirmation letter and wish this to be changed, please contact us indicating who is the designated person or persons, each designated person must be aged 18 or over.
If a group wish to be invoiced as individuals we are able to do this. By sending us a definitive email outlining your requirements and request to make a booking , accepting our invoice details and paying the required deposit for your date specific booking you accept these terms and conditions and will then become liable for associated charges, please consider this carefully before accepting our email or invoice and processing your deposit – This is where the contract starts – when the deposit is paid, as occasionally card payments are denied and require time to resolve, in the interim period this policy protects your booking. In addition various real and actual costs are involved in preparing our services and proposal to you and reserving products that you have requested.
1. Deposit, Reservations and Final payments. A non-refundable deposit of 50% [or other % as agreed by us in writing] of the total cost of your accommodation, activity holiday or activity session will reserve a place for your booking. You may charge your deposit by credit card [ charges will
apply] you may also pay by cheque or direct bank transfer or other online payment process. The balance is due 60 days prior to commencement of our service to you, unless agreed otherwise (for peak season weeks) and notified in writing to you by us. If you fail to pay the remaining balance by 60 days prior to your arrival date and no alternative payments arrangements have been agreed in writing between us and you, your holiday booking will be cancelled and you will lose your non-refundable deposit and any other monies paid [as explained above.] We may also write to you reminding you of this booking condition 7 days before the final payment date. Reservations and bookings made for any of our services that are within the 60 day period, require full payment at the time of booking. We accept credit cards (Master Card and Visa only) for your deposit. The remaining balance must be paid by cheque, debit or credit card prior to arrival as indicated above.
2. The price stated includes: For all holiday options and activity sessions, the description shown on the relevant page for each activity or holiday option and any related add on provided in any email.
3. Apart from included transfers where stated, the price stated does not include: Transport to and from Poros from your home, travel or accident insurance [which we recommend that you purchase]
4. Cancellations Issues for any prepaid products or services. The contract is between the named person on the confirmation letter or if the booking is being made through a non-profit organisation as a group booking, individual responsibility still remains for each participants booking. The
non-refundable deposit assures your reservation. The total balance of the holiday or activity session cost [less the non – refundable deposit] already paid, may be part refundable if you notify us in writing at least 90 days prior to your planned arrival date. Should you cancel any holiday component less than 90 days prior to the planned start date of your holiday, no refund from ANY monies paid will be provided. All notification of cancellations must be received in writing by email. Telephone cancellations on their own are not acceptable unless agreed otherwise. If you change or transfer from one activity holiday to another, including any individual components, more than 90 days before commencement (of the activity or holiday you are transferring from) there is no transfer fee. We recommend that you purchase holiday cancellation insurance. We will do our best to provide you with a refund or make changes to your booking where we can, but this is generally not possible.
5. Medical conditions and disabilities If you or any member of your party have any medical problem or disability at the time of booking and or [any other time until the completion of your holiday with us] which may have an effect on your participation in your holiday please tell us so that we can advise you as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking or later (If you wish to book online you should email or telephone us with these details prior to making your booking online). If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline the booking or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, and cancel when we become aware of these details. No refund will be offered, this is why we advise you to purchase travel insurance.
6. Participants Responsibilities: All participants are responsible for choosing the activity or holiday that best suits their interests and abilities. We have many different types of active experiences in an effort to help you choose the one that is most appropriate for you. Participants are responsible for being in sufficient health and physical fitness to participate. Individuals are also responsible for being fully informed of all holiday information and for bringing the appropriate personal equipment and clothing. Consumption of alcohol is not permitted within 8 hours of any on-water activity or cycling activity. We have the right to refuse participation. Odyssey Activities.Com reserves the right at all times to terminate your holiday if your behaviour is considered by our staff or by any other person with appropriate authority, likely to cause offence, distress, danger, damage or annoyance to other clients, our employees, any third party or damage to property. In the event of such termination our responsibility for your holiday will cease, we will have no further obligations to you or your party and we will be under no further liability to make any refunds or meet any costs or expenses incurred as a result.
7. Supplements and surcharges: Any payments by credit card will incur a minimal 1.5 % surcharge. All other supplements are shown on prices and availability page. At present there are no surcharges involved in or expected for any of our services.
8. Complaints: Adventure Tourism Services hope you never have any complaint with any of our services in Poros but in the event that YOU DO HAVE A COMPLAINT we want to find out about it immediately. If you do have a complaint [excluding any cancellation issues refund or payment terms as outlined above] either before or during your holiday, please bring this to the attention any member of our staff. If this does not resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, please request our complaint proforma, return this to any member of staff and we guarantee to investigate this within 24 hours. We will also inform you of the results of your complaint and discuss these with you personally. If we are unable to provide you with satisfaction regarding your complaint we will with your approval appoint a mutually acceptable arbitrator to investigate your concerns.
9. Confirmation and further information. Once your holiday, accommodation or activity session booking is confirmed by us, we will provide you with additional information that will assist you in preparation for your participation. We ask that, you contact us within 14 days before your arrival date if you require any other clarification on any matter.
10. Sharing of information: You have our personal assurance that we will not pass on to any third party, any personal details that you provide to us in booking any of our services, unless we have your written permission.
11. Cancellation of any of our product or services. A. Should it be necessary for us to cancel any of our products or services pre – paid to us by you, we will depending on the circumstances : either provide you with a refund application for you to claim back the full or part amount, provide an alternative product or service to the same value as the price paid. B. Should any activity session be cancelled due to any adverse weather conditions or other safety reasons by any of our staff, we will explain the reasons for this decision to you in detail and do our very best to provide you with alternative activities during your holiday with us. No refund – will be issued for any activities cancelled due to adverse weather conditions that in the opinion and judgement of our staff might affect the safety of anyone participating in any of our activities.
There may be a requirement legal or otherwise for us to alter these terms and conditions, we advise you to visit this page before your arrival date. Any significant changes will be emailed to customers with a confirmed booking or a pending enquiry [Last update 31st May 2013]